News & Articles
Fake it or Bake it
18 October 2010
You don't have to lie out in the sun risking damage to your skin to get that so called "Healthy glow" that people believe makes them feel more attractive and look healthier. These days there's a vast amount of products on the market to give you a year-round glow right through to a dark summers tan. There are lotions, mousses, gels and sprays DIY applications or professional spray tans for that special occasion. All of these tanning products also cater to any budget, from the affordable supermarket and pharmacy ranges of Dove, Garnier and LeTan through to higher end skin care companies such as Clarins and Ella Bache. On a recent trip to my local shopping centre I decided to maker a few price comparisons:
- 'summer glow', tinted body moisturizer in 2 shades, $6.99 for 250ml. This gradually builds up over a number of applications
Garnier (Ambre Solaire) Have a wide range of self tanning products:
- Natural bronzer, with results in 3hrs, $14.95
- Natural bronzer-velvet touch gel, $13.99
- 'Bronzed up' moisturizing milk, $9.99 which develops over a number of applications.
- 'No streak' tanning wipes, results within 1 hour, $5.99
LeTan, also had a number of products.
- 'LeTan in a can' instant bronzer, $14.99
- LeTan fast tan, hands free, instant lotion, $12.99
- LeTan 'Daily glow' SPF 15+ body moisturizer which builds up colour over a number of applications, $7.95.
And at the higher end of the market:
- Ella Bache 'Sunkiss' hydrating body lotion with gradual tan build up, $44.00 - 220ml.
- 'Great spray tan' streak free spray tan claims to last for days, $45.00 - 220g can
Ella Bache also offers professional instant dry liquid spray tans which take 15 minutes and cost $49.00.
So no matter what your budget, there's a wide range of products out there to suit everyone. To find a product that may suit you, ask your friends what they have tried and liked before you spend too much money on experiments. Also remember to match your foundation or makeup to your body colour to create a continual skin tone.
So here's to faking it this summer!
P.S: Most fake tanning solutions don't contain SPF ratings so don't forget to keep your Uvbrella in the car, where it can be with you at all times when your out and about.